Deputy Logistics Manager - Midlands
Mullingar, Westmeath, Westmeath
€48000 - €60000 per annum DOE
We are currently recruiting for a self-motivated and driven Deputy Logistics Manager to manage and coordinate all distribution functions within a high-profile retail company in the Midlands.
Working with the Goods-In, Selections and Transport Team, reporting directly to the Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the management of employees and day-to-day activities in the distribution centre.
This exciting opportunity will offer you variety, responsibility and the satisfaction of knowing that your role is impacting on the success of all stores across the region.
If you are keen to develop your soft and hard skill sets and move forward within a growing business we strongly encourage you to apply to this amazing role today.
- To support the Logistics Manager in performing various functions which primarily involve end-to-end logistics including but not limited to inbound/outbound planning, distribution operations and transportation ensuring stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards.
- Maintain an ideal organizational structure with the most suitable arrangement of Supervisors, Team Leaders and Operatives.
- Leadership and development of the workforce providing training, coaching and developing the team members to deliver KPIs.
- Drive the Health & Safety culture in the team.
- To develop and maintain KPI's for each operational process, showing performance against target, explaining variances and trending changes.
- Development and maintenance of the teams' work schedules and annual leave planning.
- Take part in operational activities and demonstrate strong leadership skills through leading by example.
- Complete regular quality control checks and product rotation according to company guidelines.
- Use and interact with multiple IT systems for logistics processes and logistical data integrity.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in people management, logistics and warehouse management or the management of stock control systems.
- Education in supply chain, logistics or operations management an advantage but not essential.
- People management and team coaching skills.
- Strong ability to manage people, control costs and demonstrate a hands-on approach to ensure success.
- Flexible and adaptable work style with focus on results.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strongly analytical and quantitative skills along with structured approach to problem solving.
- Good computer skills with an ability to learn the in-house systems.
- Market leading salary (DOE).
- Bonuses, healthcare/pension.
- Generous staff discounts.
- Flexible shift patterns.
- Maternity & Paternity Leave.
- Bike to work scheme.
- High energy work environment.
- Straight path for progression.
Apply now via the link for immediate consideration or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
If this role is not exactly what you are looking for but you are interested in finding out about future career opportunities, I am always happy to take a call.
Warehouse Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Transportation Manager, Department Manager, Fleet Manager.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 25 May 2023
Apply for this job