Fresh Food Buyer
Up to €48000 per annum Excellent Benefits
In this fast-paced and exciting area of my client's business, you will be given the responsibility to develop and manage product categories through detailed market and consumer behaviour analysis. This will involve continuously sourcing new suppliers, promoting product innovation, ensuring a top-quality offering at the lowest possible price for their customers. All done with exceptional negotiation skills.
- Completing regular competitor and assortment analysis and product group comparisons
- Tasting and conducting quality checks in consultation with the Quality Assurance department
- Negotiating and building relationships with national and international suppliers
- Working in collaboration with other related departments such as Social Media, Marketing and Promotional Planning to help manage and drive our product categories.
- Setting and reviewing retail prices on a regular basis
- Managing supplier contracts
- Minimum 2-3 years in a Food Buying role
- A Superb Negotiator
- Third-level degree is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Food Science knowledge is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident, motivated and can work independently.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Driving licence is essential.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 09 Jul 2021