Retail Operations Manager - Malta
€55000 - €70000 per annum DOE
Are you an ambitious retail professional interested in an opportunity to live and work abroad?
We have a huge opportunity to work in Malta for a proactive and self-driven Retail Operations Manager to join the successful team with a well-established and rapidly growing retail chain in the country.
This is an exciting role for someone with strong fresh food / grocery retail knowledge and hands-on approach. The role involves visiting sites, overseeing operations and supporting the store managers and staff in day to day activities.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Managing Director of the company and be responsible for overseeing new store openings and maximizing sales, margin, profit, securing service excellence for the customers, leading and developing teams, delivering a wide range of operational projects and ensuring business targets are met.
- Co-ordinate new store openings with all relevant departments including sourcing teams for each site and ensuring each store opening stays within budget and timeline.
- Responsible for conducting store inspections and monitoring resulting action plans in station standards with particular emphasis on; Sales, customer care, cash / stock control, stock availability, food safety and HR / Training.
- Monitor customer satisfaction levels, share the necessary information & resolve customer queries in a prompt manner.
- Make written recommendations concerning the development of new products, equipment as well as programmes, policies and procedures.
- Asset management and coordination with all other departments to provide information, assistance and recommendations as needed.
- Ensure Company's general marketing policies are implemented and local site marketing process is followed by each site.
- Conduct regular meetings with assigned store managers to review and implement company programmes in customer service, marketing, merchandising, HR / training, quality training, quality control, health and safety, cost control, sales and profit improvement.
- To represent and display the business values through dealings with all employees throughout the organisation.
- Ensure that all stores maintain correct levels of staff to meet the needs of the business.
- Take overall responsibility for employees with your region including monitoring employee satisfaction levels, sharing the necessary information & resolution of queries in a prompt manner.
- Drive a sales & customer focused culture, ensure that all policies are complied with at local level.
- Ensure that all performance issues and/or breaches of company policy are managed appropriately.
- To be contactable outside store hours to deal with issues if necessary.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure full buy in, participation and facilitation with projects.
- Facilitate speedy decision making with the relevant business areas to resolve issues affecting retail and challenges as they arise with a solution focused attitude.
- Take an active part in the organisation and delivery of stock takes and analyse variances.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a high performing role in a fast-paced grocery retail environment is required for this position.
- Grocery and fresh food management experience is essential for this role.
- A degree in business management an advantage.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of grocery / fresh retailing, in particular food service offering, marketing / promotions, category management, stock management, staff training, customer service, financial management
- Must be able to coordinate operations across a retail chain.
- Strong HACCP and food safety knowledge.
- Excellent communication, people management and leadership skills.
- Experience of managing a high volume / turnover business.
- Ability to develop solutions in a fast-moving environment.
- An aptitude for analytics and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong IT and report writing skills.
- Must have a full, clean driving licence.
- Competitive salary with free accommodation and rewarding bonuses.
- Fully expensed company car.
- Laptop, mobile and other tools.
- Staff reward and recognition initiatives.
- Great progression opportunities within the business.
Please apply through the link or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
If this role is not exactly what you are looking for but you are interested in finding out about future career opportunities, I am always happy to take a call.
Operations Manager, Sales Operations Manager, Area Manager, Area Sales Manager, Support Manager, Regional Manager, Retail Operations Manager, Multi-site Manager.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 06 Jan 2022