Assistant Store Managers - Dundrum / Blanchardstown
€32000 - €35000 per annum DOE
Due to expansion, we are searching for a number of competent & enthusiastic Assistant Store Managers with a strong retail sales background to join and lead a dynamic team for our outdoor fashion retail client for their recently revamped stores in South and North Dublin.
This challenging and rewarding position involves deputising for the Store Manager, supporting a team of salespeople in reaching and exceeding both personal and company targets, while ensuring all day-to-day activities required for the smooth running and development of store are completed.
The ideal candidate will come from fashion or homeware departmental retail business and will have a proven sales ability, coupled with excellent organisational and communication skills, along with a genuine desire to deliver a first-rate customer experience.
***** Candidates from all backgrounds of retail are welcome to apply.*****
- Deputise for the Store Manager as required.
- Support the day-to-day operations in the store, including sales, staff, customer experience, security, health & safety, stock and resources management.
- Recruit, train, coach and manage staff in line with company policies, ensuring fairness and consistency to all.
- Meet and exceed store targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist in managing cash, wage costs, budgets and systems administration as required (TMS, SAP, etc).
- Assist in driving excellent Visual Merchandising in store to engage, inspire and educate the consumer.
- Take responsibility for specific areas of activity as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Ensure all staff are assigned to key service areas and have sufficient tasks to perform each day.
- Be security conscious within the store and stock rooms - monitor potential shoplifters and follow security guidelines to deter pilferage and protect stock.
- Absence management including back to work interviews.
- Be conscious of Health & Safety in store. Ensure all staff are fully trained and following company policies and procedures with regard to Health & Safety.
- Deliver excellent store standards consistently in line with business audit requirements.
- Key holder and call out person in the event of alarm activation.
- Provide cover for other stores if required.
- Any other activities as required in order to ensure the successful operation of the store.
- 2/3 years retail management experience (dependent on store grade).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, people management and leadership skills.
- Experience in Visual Merchandising desirable.
- Passionate about the delivery of an excellent customer experience with an understanding of how this drives sales and affects the bottom line.
- Proficient IT knowledge including Excel, Email, SAP.
- 3rd Level Business/Retail Management Qualification beneficial but not essential.
- Competitive salary (DOE).
- Periodical bonuses.
- Healthcare / pension.
- High energy work environment.
- Generous staff discounts.
- Straight path for progression.
Apply now for immediate considerations or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
If this role is not exactly what you are looking for but you are interested in finding out about future career opportunities, I am always happy to take a call.
Store Manager, Fashion Shop Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Supervisor, Shift Manager, Duty Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Department Manager, Fashion Store Manager.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 30 Aug 2022