Fresh Food Manager
€45000 - €55000 per annum
Fresh Food Manager
Our client is an award-winning retail group with multiple locations across Ireland. If you are enthusiastic and passionate about retail and work in a highly competitive Gourmet Store, then this is the role for you.The focus of the Fresh Food Manager is to lead, coach and support the fresh team to deliver a consistently good offer in our everyday essentials and fresh departments.
Ensuring an outstanding level of Customer Service by sharing their knowledge of fresh Deli products, and effectively leading a team to delivery an exceptional Product Range and immaculate food Displays. Demonstrating flexibility to tailor the range, service, and product to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and sales. This role is based in Galway.
- Inspect deliveries before accepting stock to ensure that quality is of the highest standard.
- Meet sales targets, cost control, and rostering for your department.
- Maintain department presentation, merchandising, and stock management.
- Coaching, training, and developing Deli team members to ensure sales, service, safety, merchandising, and stock control are of the highest standard.
- Ensure order quantities are determined and adequate stock levels are maintained within the delicatessen department.
- Ensure that stock and fixture price marking and ticketing is of the highest standard/accuracy.
- Ensure that the deli storeroom is adequately maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Order and control stock and packaging materials to maintain continuity of range for customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that specified maintenance and cleaning routines are observed for all cutting, displaying, packing, weighing, and cleaning equipment and that all equipment is kept in a safe condition.
- Ensure Cold room area is Clean, and all Stock is stored Correctly to Minimize Shrinkage, Stock must be rotated - first in - first out.
- Control Shrinkage through good ordering, serving, and storage processes.
- Ensure all weekly advertising and promotions are forcibly merchandised to generate maximum sales and profits.
- Review and respond to customer inputs in the delicatessen department.
- Analyse and compare reporting of budgets to actual performance for the delicatessen department and feed this back to your team for ongoing development and improvement of the department.
- Ensuring that the audit and compliance standards are maintained daily in your department.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to problem-solve and adapt to change.
- A strong awareness of Food Safety and its importance
- A strong awareness of Workplace Health and Safety and its importance
- Experience in a Supervisor/Manager role.
- An understanding of how to achieve KPIs and targets
- Experience in a Fresh Food Department
- Demonstrated ability in people management, stock management, merchandising, stocktaking, and rostering
- Excellent communication skills
- Good delegation skills
What's on Offer?
- Competitive remuneration.
- Personal development and training opportunities.
- Internal recognition schemes
- Bicycle to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
Convenience Store Manager, Fresh Food, Store Manager, Food Retail Manager, Retail Department Manager, Senior Retail Manager, Assistant store manager, Junior Sous Chef, Assistant Manager Retail, Fast Food Manager, Grocery Store Manager, Fresh Food Manager, Food Retail Manager.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 21 May 2021