Fresh Food Area Manager - Dublin (Mon-Fri)
€30000 - €39000 per annum DOE
A huge opportunity has arisen in Dublin for an experienced Fresh Food Manager who has a real passion for fresh food counters and staff management. This is a Monday to Friday role to work in conjunction with the buying team as well as involves significant change management to drive and support the performance of the fresh food departments across all sites.
The main objective is to coordinate the improvement and development of all fresh counter offerings within the group.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a real passion for the fresh food and will be able to provide evidence of previously solving fresh food problems through using their own initiative and possess a real resilience in the face of difficulties.
- Day-to-day management of the fresh foods divisions (meat, meat alternatives, dairy and dairy alternatives, bakery etc) across all sites with focus on product offerings, participation, margins, sales optimization, item movement, and promotions.
- Development and maintenance of strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure brand is carrying trending items and negotiating optimum pricing and terms for the business.
- Support stores in the days before opening / relaunch to ensure that the deli offer represents best practice and the brand position, ready for business.
- Sourcing new, on trend fresh food in conjunction with the buying team.
- Liaise with suppliers on product costs and service levels.
- Instilling an element of innovation into the role.
- Ensure all HACCP and food safety audits are achieved in line with targets
- Continuously identify and present new concepts and trends in fresh food offerings and operations
- Work closely with Store and Department Managers to ensure best practice in fresh food departments.
- Responsible for the performance and profitability of high volume and fast paced departments across the group.
- Responsibility for people management skills in conjunction with creative merchandising and department presentation.
- Focusing on leading ranges and customer buying patterns.
- To drive a one team culture which celebrates success and puts the team members health, safety and wellbeing first.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a role with strong exposure to fresh food.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organics industry and real passion for the fresh foods.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and develop others to contribute to stores success.
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills.
- Experience in multi-site management.
- The ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Competitive salary and bonuses.
- Company car and other tools.
- Staff reward and recognition initiatives.
- Clear path for progression.
Apply now for immediate consideration or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
If this role is not exactly what you are looking for but you are interested in finding out about future career opportunities, I am always happy to take a call.
Convenience Store Fresh Food Manager, Fresh Food Deli Manager, Food Retail Manager, Retail Department Manager, Senior Retail Manager, Assistant store manager, Junior Sous Chef, Assistant Manager Retail, Fast Food Manager, Fresh Food Manager.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 13 Jan 2022