Health & Safety Manager Retail - Cork
€45000 - €50000 per annum DOE
We are currently recruiting for a proactive Safety, Health & Environment Manager, to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team within one of our prestigious clients in Ireland. Our client is a multi-national brand and their core business in Ireland is the importation, distribution and sale of fuel and convenience products to Irish customers through a wide range of customer channels, including industrial, commercial, agricultural, domestic, wholesale and forecourt retail.
Reporting to the Head of Retail, as a SHE Manager you will implement all aspects of company's Health & Safety policy across the business, ensuring that both internal operation and the members are fully compliant. As the SHE Manager you'll carry out regular audits, create policies, lead investigations, write up comprehensive reports and ensure all relevant legislation is being followed to the highest standards possible whilst working with multiple stakeholders. This will be accomplished with the support and guidance of Company's Corporate Safety Health & Environment (SHE), the Leadership Team and administrative support.
The key roles and responsibilities involved in this role include -
- Responsibility to oversee the implementation Company's SHE policies.
- Provide input to Company's SHE policies and adapt them to meet current and changing regulatory and business requirements in Ireland.
- Oversee compliance with Irish Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and with the company SHE policy.
- Provide executives and managers with appropriate tools and processes to manage the Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Provide accurate advice and support to management and staff in relation to all aspects of the Health, Safety and Environment.
- Oversee the onboarding process in line with company and legislative SHE compliance requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely reports on SHE performance and culture.
- Conduct investigations of SHE incidents in line with company and legislative SHE compliance requirements.
- Conduct SHE audits in the business in line with company and legislative SHE compliance requirements.
- Manage the SHE system requirements for the Irish business.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes -
- Minimum 2 years' previous experience in Safety Health & Environment (SHE) of multi-site facilities.
- Degree or equivalent qualification desirable but not essential.
- Ability to think strategically as well as comfortable rolling up sleeves to deliver the large amount of operational aspects of the role.
- Strong Computer Skill - MS Office Environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to juggle multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic.
- Tenacious, can-do mentality.
- Experience with SHE systems.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
What's on the offer -
- Competitive salary and bonuses.
- Company van, phone, laptop and other tools.
- Employee wellbeing incentives.
- Death & disability cover.
- Income protection / critical illness.
- Progression opportunities.
Apply now with a up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
SHE Manager, Health & Safety Officer, Compliance Manager, Safety & Security Manager, Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 22 Jul 2022