Commercial & Risk Analyst - Cork - (Hybrid)
€45000 - €50000 per annum DOE
On behalf of a multi-national fuel & renewable energy supplier and an established retailer in Ireland we are searching for a Commercial & Risk Analyst who is driven by the idea of leveraging their experience and playing a key part in a fast-track growth journey.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Commercial and Risk Analyst's main function is to calculate, record, monitor and report the appropriate valuation of company's positions for oil inventory and sales.
This will include providing daily risk and performance information to the management team, including sound analysis and commentary on positions, risk measures and performance movements. The Commercial and Risk Analyst will also advise the Risk team of the trades required to hedge positions and will develop and analyse hedging strategies to continually reduce company's hedging costs.
The Commercial and Risk Analyst will work as part of a multi-functional team including personnel from commercial, risk, supply and finance teams to perform both risk and commercial analysis tasks, along with business strategy analysis. The role also involves working with Finance in the preparation of management accounts, along with forecasting, nominations, operation assumptions etc.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct analysis on margin reports and populate actions where appropriate as required by the senior management.
- Retail administration and support for other projects as required.
- Prepare and manage the daily hedging diary.
- Advise the trades required to hedge company's oil inventory and sales positions.
- Record and track all risk management and paper transactions for oil and currency.
- Prepare, update and disseminate Daily Risk Management MTM Position Reports.
- Allocate and record internal allocation of paper and currency hedges.
- Allocate and record sales against inventory.
- Check and document forward curves used for position valuation against available market data from Information Services, Journals, and broker reports.
- Provide analysis of risk measures, checks against authorized limits, stress test positions as appropriate, and validate P&L and trading strategies for Supply, Marketing, Finance and Senior Management.
- Communicate on a timely basis.
- Monitor and improve risk system interfaces and information flow.
- Assist in evaluation of varied projects across the business.
- Perform commercial analysis as required by the Commercial Director. This may include market, pricing, and tender analysis.
- Analyse and understand pricing and sales margin calculations.
- Assist in analysis and optimisation of company's haulage requirements.
- Analyse pricing and forecasts of company's RED II and FQD obligations under the Irish Biofuel Obligation Scheme.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a commercial administration role.
- Previous data entry and analysis experience, preferably in a whole/retail environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to juggle multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Professional and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent level of numeracy and analysis skills.
- Strong computer skill - MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) in particular Excel.
- Strong knowledge and experience of reading and actioning reports.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence effectively (at all levels).
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic.
- Commerciality and brand awareness.
- Driven by analytical skills, customer insights and data.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team.
- Excellent presentation, communication and time management skills.
- Marketing leading salary.
- Performance bonus.
- Company phone, laptop and other tools.
- Motor and subsistence expenses.
- Death & disability cover.
- Income protection / critical illness.
- Paid holiday leave.
Apply now with a up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
Commercial Analyst, Data Analyst, Sales Analyst, Digital Analyst, Risk Analyst.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 22 Jul 2022