Senior Buyer - Dublin - Hybrid
Dublin , Dublin
€65000 - €75000 per annum DOE
Due to continued success, my client a well-established and award-winning retailer with strong portfolio of branded and non-branded products are now looking to add strength and depth to their procurement team with the addition of a Senior Buyer to be based in their Head Office in Dublin.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility to develop and manage product categories through detailed market and consumer behaviour analysis. This will involve continuously sourcing new suppliers, promoting product innovation, ensuring a top-quality offering at the lowest possible price for our customers. If you have the following attributes, we would love to hear from you:
- Significant experience operating as Buyer within a fast-paced and rapidly changing global Retailer.
- Experience in buying food and non-food products and have creative eye and an awareness of current retail trends.
- Problem solving skills, a good eye for detail and strong analytical skills to understand commercial trends within the market.
- Operating as a Senior Manager within the division and working in close partnership with the Head of Buying and the wider Commercial team to deliver profitable results.
- Identify and implement new product opportunities that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
- Driving cost saving initiatives or ideas to become more cost efficient.
- Keeping up to date with global trends and competitor activity, reviewing product strategy considering competitor activity and initiatives.
- Using the global market to source the most contemporary and trend-led brand mix, ensuring commerciality and profit is delivered.
- Managing supplier contracts, negotiating and building strong relationships with existing or new national / international suppliers.
- Working in conjunction with other related departments such as Supply Chain Teams, Social Media, Marketing and Promotional Planning to help manage and drive the product categories.
- Manage and review pricing, ensuring pricing that is competitive and maximises profitability. Operate within Company pricing strategy.
Skills & Qualification Required:
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a buyer in a retail environment is required.
- Experience in a busy, deadline-driven environment.
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills.
- Very strong commercial awareness and creative skills.
- Advanced IT Skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Exceptional organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Company car, phone, laptop.
- Healthcare, pension.
- Hybrid working model.
- On-going training and development programs.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression / transition.
If you have the right skill set and are ready to take the next step apply now for immediate consideration or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
If this role is not exactly what you are looking for but you are interested in finding out about future career opportunities, I am always happy to take a call.
Experienced Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Procurement Manager, Junior Buyer. Branded Buyer, Channel Manager, National Account Manager, Head of Buying.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 21 Sep 2022