Range Planning Manager - Malta
€55000 - €65000 per annum DOE
We are urgently recruiting for an experienced Range Planning Manager to join a successful team of professionals in the Head Office of a well-established and rapidly growing retail chain in Malta.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team and contribute to the growth of the business. The successful candidate with strong fresh food / grocery product knowledge will be working closely with the buying team and store operations to roll out updated product planograms across a variety of categories; the delivery of the range calendar, creation of planograms, supporting macro space projects and providing ranging / merchandising solutions for defined categories.
The Range Planning Manager will develop plans in line with the category strategy to ensure that all categories range and space targets are delivered.
As a Range Planning Manager for the Group, you will have the following responsibilities:
- To build, develop and maintain credible long-term category lead relationships with trade partners.
- To support partners by providing clear and actionable insight platforms that can help to develop category groups delivering mutual insight led growth.
- Monitor implementation and review of range recommendations seeking continuous opportunities for growth.
- Bring the shopper and consumer view to new product development, promotional plans and joint business plans.
- Support, coach and develop category team members.
- Lead our category strategic vision of the future.
- Analysing product sales with the buying team to ensure the most efficient use of space on shelf.
- Ensure that we utilise our space to carry optimum range for our customers.
- Creating and updating product planograms across a wide variety of categories in our food and non-food areas that reflect our position in the market to drive sales and profit.
- Ensure that our planograms are reflective of emerging market trends to optimise sales opportunities.
- Maximising stock assortment within allocated spaces.
- Liaise with Store Management, Buying Departments and Suppliers on a regular basis.
- Taking product nominations and building compelling displays / promotional tables.
- Production of statistical analysis of previous sales, brands, price points (etc.) to propose generic range architecture of future ranges.
- Significant input into the range sign off process.
- Formulation of sales forecasts using experience, historic data and product spec's.
- Develop relationships with Suppliers / Depot / Store Management / Marketing Teams.
- Compile and communicate proposed sale / mark down lines.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the similar role within a fast-paced grocery retail environment.
- Grocery and fresh food category management experience is essential for this role.
- A 3rd level Marketing or Business qualification or in Retail Store Planning will be of distinct advantage.
- Ideally you have retail space planning experience or retail management experience so that you have a good understanding of product ranges and working with planograms / merchandising.
- Excellent analytical skills (in particular working knowledge of Excel).
- Attention to detail and proven numeracy skills.
- Strong HACCP and food safety knowledge.
- Have strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Can manage time effectively to meet given deadlines.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong IT and report writing skills.
- Must have a full, clean driving licence.
- Competitive salary and rewarding bonuses.
- Free accommodation included in the package.
- Fully expensed company car.
- Laptop, mobile and other tools.
- Staff reward and recognition initiatives.
- Great progression opportunities within the business.
Please apply through the link or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
If this role is not exactly what you are looking for but you are interested in finding out about future career opportunities, I am always happy to take a call.
Space Planning Manager, Senior Buyer, Senior Business Analyst, Category Manager, Product Range Manager, Demand Planner, Retail Store Planning Manager.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 14 Jan 2022