Menswear Buying Assistant & Admin - Dublin
€30000 - €39000 per annum DOE
Are you an innovative thinker with strong fashion garments knowledge that you can apply to a top high street brand?
We are urgently recruiting for a charismatic and enthusiastic Buyer's Assistant & Admin for a leading wholesale fashion designing company in Ireland to support the buying team and report directly to the Buying Director.
The role is Monday-Friday and to be based in their Head Office in Dublin. The successful candidate will support the buying team and will be responsible for assisting in the administrative side of planning, scheduling and buying processes.
- Reporting directly to the Senior Buyer / Director, liaising with the buying team and designers, suppliers and other departments on a regular basis in terms of fabric selection, design development, shapes and colours etc.
- Raising purchase orders, amending stock quantities, running & analysing daily / weekly sales / stock reports for the buyer.
- Accurately inputting and amending all orders on in-house stock systems making necessary notes on files, confirming receipt of orders with suppliers to ensure commitments are kept up to date as changes are made to delivery dates.
- Assist in tracking and monitoring shipments from contract date to store delivery.
- Responsibility for Supplier Management & Partnerships - Building relationships with supply base to manage critical path.
- To assist the Buying Director with monitoring of critical path and to chase suppliers where necessary.
- To ensure the sample area of the office is always kept tidy.
- Prepare and coordinate samples of our showroom, photoshoots and press requests.
- Manage paperwork associated with suppliers and delivery of product.
- Liaise with specific customers on any issues that may arise with delivery targets.
- In-house stock / sales monitoring to ensure minimum in - balances in order process.
- Willingness to travel (if required) with Buyer / Director to attend trade fairs in Europe and manufacturing companies.
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by the management.
Skills & Qualification Required:
- 2-3 years' experience as an Office Assistant, Buyer Assistant, Retail Analyst, Buying Administrator or similar required.
- A qualification in buying / fashion designing / administration or business.
- Pleasant, charming and presentable with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- An up-to-date knowledge of fashion trends, colours and pattern awareness.
- Advanced IT Skills - Proficient in using an Apple Mac, Excel and Word, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator etc.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Efficient ability to communicate with different stakeholders in the business.
- Exceptional organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Experience in a busy, deadline-driven environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- An opportunity to travel and learn on company expense.
- Staff reward and recognition initiatives.
- Clear path for progression.
If you have the right skill set and want to take the next step apply now for immediate consideration or call Shakeel Kazmi for more details.
If this role is not exactly what you are looking for but you are interested in finding out about future career opportunities, I am always happy to take a call.
Buyer Assistant, Fashion Designer, Office Administrator, Purchasing Administrator, Buying Administrator.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 07 Jul 2021