Retail Team Leader
€27000 - €29000 per annum
As a Retail Team Leader, you are tasked with prividing leadership within your department while achieving sales growth through identifying, developing and coaching talent. Creating excellence in the customer experience and ensuring a safe and secure workplace for our colleagues and customers.
Key Responsibilities -should be performed in line with the company's values ensuring day to day activities are showcasing our values and bringing them to life within the store. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead by example, inspire, motivate and engage the store to maximise performance.
- Support colleagues through coaching and development.
- Deliver world class customer service, actively coaching and motivating the store team
- Succession must be a priority. Identify your successor and ensure they have a development plan which details a defined career path.
- Understand colleague's aspirations and proactively grow talent within your store
- Leading others through setting agreed objectives, conducting performance discussions and continuous review.
- Merchandising stock to company principles.
- Be commercially aware; understand the impact that you and your team have on sales, costs, profits. Identify opportunities to improve or enhance commercial results and have sufficient knowledge of competitor activity and industry knowledge.
- Measure direct reports performance against defined objectives, understand their training needs and define interventions in order to achieve business results.
- Planning and delivering; understands how their team contributes to the store action plan, allocates resources effectively in relation to store priorities and maintains focus, energy and effort when under pressure.
- Product knowledge must be a priority.
- Ensure the relevant training takes place.
- Assigns tasks and duties to store colleagues.
- Resolve customer queries and complaints.
- Supporting managers in neighbouring stores if required.
- Effectively communicate targets and objectives.
- Authorise refunds and exchanges.
- Key holding responsibilities.
- Ensure all customer facing information (tickets, POS etc.) is accurate and up to date.
- Comply with health and safety regulations; maintain operational basic standards to ensure an effective and safe environment.
- Ensure any accidents are reported and the relevant documentation is complete.
- Comply with fire and security regulations.
- Ensure engagement levels are high in the store.
- Proactively managing stock loss and asset protection.
Competitive basic salary on offer for the right candidate.
If you would like to hear more, please feel free to send your CV
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 16 Sep 2020