Seafood Specialist - Dublin
€40000 - €50000 per annum
My client a week-known grocery retailer in the Irish market is now searching for an experienced Seafood Specialist / Fishmonger for the Group with deep understanding of different species of seafood to lead the teams and work between their retail stores in Dublin.
If you have strong seafood knowledge and team management skills with an excellent worth ethic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then this could be the role for you.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for driving sales through KPI reports, financial reports, brand initiatives, customer initiatives and employee knowledge.
- Responsibility for dealing with local suppliers to source new, on trend fresh seafood in conjunction with the buying team.
- Responsibility for people management skills in conjunction with creative merchandising and department presentation.
- Ensuring all areas are maintained to the highest standards.
- Provide all information and reports as requested from time to time by the senior management.
- Enhance product knowledge by gaining information from a range of sources and share ideas, suggestions, builds on existing procedures/processes with employees and management.
- Liaising with managers on the shop floor to implement the changes.
- Monitoring and reporting to senior management on the performance versus objectives of all products in terms of volume, margin contribution and taking appropriate steps to achieve operational targets based on sound research and good business principles.
- Adhere to the food safety quality policy and focus on continuous improvement.
- To drive a one team culture which celebrates success and puts our team members health, safety and wellbeing first.
- Minimum 3 years` experience as a fishmonger with the food industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of seafood industry and real passion for the fresh foods.
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent communications skills and people management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organised and flexible.
- Ambitious with a proven ability to take initiative, follow direction and implement change.
- Ability to multitask.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Company car and expenses.
- Healthcare, pension and bonuses.
- Staff reward and recognition initiatives.
- Clear path for progression.
Please send your CV to Shakeel Kazmi or call for more details.
If this role is not exactly what you are looking for but you are interested in finding out about future career opportunities, I am always happy to take a call.
At Wallace Myers International Recruitment Agency we specialise in sourcing professionals for key industries and services. See our website for more details.
This position was pPosted on 21 May 2021