Area Manager - Grocery - Leinster
€65000 - €96000 per annum Car, Pension, Bonus and Laptop
Area Manager - €65,000 - €96,000 Car & Package
My client, a major retailer is looking for a talented Area Manager due to expansion. If you have strong retail management or supervisory experience and an exceptional work ethic then this could be the role for you.
As the Area Manager, you are responsible for the development of sales in a given region through ensuring exceptional standards, staff motivation, quality and customer service. You recruit, monitor performance and develop your team while adhering to the law and Company Principles and Procedures. You support your team in the achievement of each areas cost targets. You are the link between your region and all other areas of the business. You are responsible for the planning, communication, implementation and review of any changes of an operational or procedural nature.
You report directly to the Head of Sales and are answerable to the Regional Director for all disciplinary matters. You are the Line Manager for Managers, Assistant Managers and front-line staff.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop sales through the rigorous control of quality by your team in each area and the escalation of issues in the supply chain regarding product quality to the supplying warehouse.
- Develop sales through optimising availability for each individual site through ensuring the correct use of all supply chain tools, monitoring and reviewing all allocation keys, delivery and order schedules.
- Develop sales through ensuring exceptional standards, adherence to sales guidelines, timely communication and implementation of all new procedures, current site layout and sales initiatives.
- Develop sales through the proposal of potential sales opportunities for discussion with Senior Management and monitoring all competitor activity in the vicinity.
- Control waste through monitoring orders, discounts and the accurate recording of waste, auditing stock, reviewing the decisions taken by Regional Supply Chain in respect of your sites.
- Maintain the correct staffing levels in your area by continuously reviewing contract levels and management needs. Plan and schedule recruitment where required in conjunction with Senior Management.
- Recruit the best possible candidates for positions, execute the appropriate documentation and provide detailed induction in line with company procedures. Participate in the recruitment and selection of Assistant Managers up to and including induction.
- Train staff through planning, monitoring and evaluating on the job training, organising off the job training for all staff and liaising with the Training Manager on training needs.
- Ensure that all members of your team are aware of Company Principles with particular focus on the provision of excellent customer service.
- Manage in accordance with Management Principles with particular focus on management through coaching, mentoring and the provision of detailed constructive feedback.
- Ensure that HR practices are followed with specific reference to the Company Principles and Code of Conduct; adherence to employment legislation; addressing all employees' concerns as a matter of urgency; absence management and liaising with the HR Coordinator on employee related issues.
- Complete appraisals at determined intervals for all relevant staff members.
- Identify candidates for further development in the business generally and advise Senior Management for the purposes of joint review where required.
- Ensure that agreed targets are met through proper and structured planning with managers, monitoring that efficient work practices are being followed and using the reporting tools to monitor and control outcomes.
- Ensure that your workplaces are a safe place to work and comply with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Liaise with Senior Management and their respective departments to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the business.
- Monitor and control operational costs across all areas in line with agreed targets. In particular, support the minimisation of inventory loss through maintaining high awareness levels amongst management and staff; controlling the accuracy of stock movement in and out of the business, ensuring the consistent use of all available control measures and coordinating the inventory count process.
- Audit the implementation of Cash Management Procedures and investigate all cash discrepancies fully.
- Monitor the condition of buildings, common areas, landscaping, parking areas, roadways, pedestrian areas, fixtures, fittings, signage and equipment to ensure that they are functionally sound and present a professional image to our customers. Report issues in line with company procedures.
- Ensure that all legislative requirements are met and escalate any identified risks appropriately.
RetailStaffing.ie is a specialist recruitment agency for retail professionals looking for quality roles. We are part of the Wallace Myers International recruitment group and officially opened our doors in November 2019. See the website for more and Connect on LinkedIn.
By applying for this role you are agreeing that your details will be stored in our database and may be considered for similar future positions. For more info see the retailstaffing.ie website
This position was pPosted on 22 Nov 2019